Practicing what I preach...

Ugh...this is where the rubber hits the road. Being the submissive wife and trusting your husband is hard...especially when you don't always agree...We are in a particular situation where decisions are being made by several people. I don't necessarily agree totally with the decisions, but my husband believes the decisions being made are for the best right now. So I must go with that. I just hope the people speaking for us are able to convey the reasoning properly. If not, I hope we are asked for clarity.

When your husband has made a decision you don't completely agree with, this is when submission comes into play. Oh, I could rebel and go against him and even some others, but that wouldn't be biblical unless I was asked to do something against God. This is where I am tested by God to see if I am going to be obedient to His word or am I going to do what I want. Ugh. I want to do what I want. ;) But, I know that I am to trust my husband and his decisions believing He has consulted our Lord on the matter. If he hasn't and is just going along with things, then that is on his shoulders. I must continue to do my part by being submissive and obedient to God's word. God is using these circumstances to teach us all something. The time will come when all things are brought to completion. God finishes what He starts. :) Until then, I will continue to be under the headship of my husband and will lean on God for strength to be submissive when I don't completely agree.

Comments

  1. I think if you've talked this out with your husband and made your concerns known you are doing the right thing. My husband and I discuss and talk about things all the time and if something is really really bothering me, then I keep talking and discussing with him until we have it all hashed out. We of course do this in private and I would never do it in front of others. God doesn't expect you to sit on your worries and not share them with your husband. But when the time comes and your husband says That's It, we are Done Talking, then that has to be it. You must submit to your husband, not to other men. My husband and I had a situation a few years ago where my father in law was building me a barn. I was/am so very thankful, but the way he was going about it, the barn wasn't even going to be safe. I wouldn't budge on the construction. I didn't want my animals in a barn that I was afraid the roof was going to fall in! My husband (thankfully) backed me up on this and it caused quite a row with his dad. If my husband hadn't backed me up on it, and had said No, we are going to do it my dad's way, then I would have had to let it go and lived with the consequences. However, since my husband did back me up and agreed we were able to stand together as a united front. I'm sorry if I'm rambling or butting in where I don't need to. I commend you for seeking the Lord's will in this! Continue to discuss with your husband (in private) and if you STILL disagree, then simply say to him, I respectfully disagree, but because I love you I respect your decision. Then you'll just have to sit back, let go, and let God! I'll keep you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, we have discussed and I understand where he is coming from and the decision has been made. He knows how I feel and understands that, too. He has asked me to trust him and so I will. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?