Leaving on a jet plane...

My husband left this morning for Haiti. He flew into Miami this afternoon and then flying out tomorrow for Haiti from there. I miss him already...

I'm just trying to keep busy with housework. There is always plenty of that to do here. When you heat your house with wood, there is always dust of some sort. And the dog paws this time of year seem to be never ending...

I am thankful for the encouragement and love I have from family while he is gone. What a blessing to have such love in my life. God is so good to us.

I plan on reflecting while my captain is away on how I can better serve him in the future. How can I be a better helpmeet and mom? How can I show the love of Christ to him more often? I need to be rooted deeper in Christ and keep my eyes off my circumstances (which can be soooo hard to do) and keep my eyes on the Savior, who is full of compassion. He knows our circumstances and two of us don't need to be thinking on them. :) He can do that all by himself and allow us to trust in Him and think on Him instead.

This time of being without my husband is going to be hard. But, I am thankful for the family I have to help me get through this time of absence. I know love is an action, but it feels so good to know your are loved by your family. I hope they know I, too, love them VERY much.

I'm praying I feel good the whole time my husband is gone. Hoping to get quite a bit done so he can come home to a clean, organized, comfy home. I don't want to exacerbate myself though. I want him to come home to a refreshed wife. Thank you all for your continued prayers for him, the team, and our family. What a blessing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...