Discernment in times of confusion...

I think being discerning is a gift from God. Knowing exactly what to do in a situation is priceless. Being able to know God's will in a confusing time is worth it's weight in gold. :) When we aren't sure, we can always go to God for guidance.

Psalm 25:4-5 says.."Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths." He will show us if we just listen...

Proverbs 4:11 says.."I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths."

Exodus 15:13 says.."In Your unfailing love you will lead the people You have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling."

Psalm 73:23-24 says.."Yet I am always with you; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me in Your counsel..."

Psalm 139:9-10 says.."even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast."

Philippians 1:9-11 says.."And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God."

These all help us realize that God will give us guidance when we don't know what to do. He is there to hold our hand and to give us wisdom to discern what is best. We need to be obedient to whatever wisdom is revealed to us through the Holy Spirit and know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him." Romans 8:28

Comments

  1. Very good post! At the age of ~17, wisdom and then discernment were the 1st things I prayed for after being born again, next the Holy Spirit showed me that I needed to ask God to help me love myself in order that I could begin to love others and trust His amazing love for me, amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?