The ache...

Those of you who have had loved ones go away for any length of time know what I'm talking about. It's that ache in your heart and the pit of your stomach from missing the loved one. I'm trying to be strong in my husband's absence and I will be if I lean on the Lord during this time. I'm so proud of him for being obedient to the Lord and for being open to what God has planned. Here is a status he posted this morning from facebook....

Up and ready to fly into Haiti. Praying and watching for where God is heading and moving. Praying to be broken and rebuilt to be the tool I was created to be and used for the purpose I was created to be used for. Extremely excited and humbled at the same time.

Since being missionaries in New Mexico, he hasn't been this open to doing such things again. I'm praying it strengthens his relationship with our Lord and draws us even closer together. I am trying to keep busy while he is away to lessen the ache in my heart, but I know it's normal to feel this ache. :) I think it would be strange if I didn't feel it. :)

I'm excited for what I can get done here at the house while he is gone. I'm just hoping my strength holds out for it. :) I was put on a steroid blast for 10 days and I am on day 4 and it seems to be losing the effect it had in the beginning...but, I will pray it will pick up momentum and continue to give me that much needed boost. I just need to get a good deep sleep and I think that will help tremendously...I just need to keep myself motivated and not dwell on my circumstances and keep focused on Christ and just do what I can...

Thankful for God's love and for the love of others. I was lying in bed while it was still dark and thinking how short life is...in a blink it's over. I was thinking how much I want to show others that I love them while I can. To be free to love as Christ has commanded us. To show His light and love in a way that is so unmistakable. I want those I love to know I love them and never doubt it. If I do anything with my life, I want to strive to show others the wonderful love of our Savior. I know there is a season for all things and looking forward to the new season of showing my love even more to my husband and to others around me. Life is short and precious...

Thank you for the prayers for our family while my husband is away in Haiti. I rely on you going before the throne on our behalf. What a blessing...

Comments

  1. i love your new background. praying for rest for you and for safe travels for your husband. i can not wait to hear how he is doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I will try and update as much as I can..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...