The need for encouragement...

Encourage Pictures, Images and Photos


Which one are you? A Debbie Downer or a Lucy Lifter? Honestly, I think I tend to be a Debbie Downer...especially when it comes to my own circumstances. I can easily keep my eyes on circumstances and get very down. I can bring my household down. Not a good thing. I can be encouraging to others and see through their circumstances to the cross, but why is it so hard for me to be encouraging to myself? Hmmmm....something to ponder I suppose. :)

I'd like to try and be more encouraging to myself and others. The need for encouragement is very great. It's a wonderful gift to have to give. When I really stop and listen and watch for what God is doing it's easy to become a Lucy Lifter again. :)

life Pictures, Images and Photos

No matter our circumstances, God is ALWAYS in the midst. When we don't see Him there or ignore Him is when we get stressed and overwhelmed. Trust me, when life is swirling around you with it's hurt and disappointments, it's easy to get caught up in the swirling and lose focus on Who is in the middle of the swirl...That's when we need to hang on to something, stand still, focus on Christ, and just let the world swirl by...It takes work, faith, trust, and hope to do this. But, it can be done...I'm living proof. :) I may be a Debbie Downer at times and get caught up in the swirl of life, BUT, I have been able to stop getting caught in the swirl and stand still and listen to that still small voice in the storm. It also helps when you have people around you to encourage you to keep your eyes off the storm and onto the Lighthouse...:)

Friends Pictures, Images and Photos


It is a lot easier to just stop fighting for what is right and to encourage others to do the same. Sometimes we physically cannot fight anymore, but we sure can fight in prayer. The bible tells us to not grow weary in doing good..."Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9


life quote. Pictures, Images and Photos

Let us try and encourage one another..."But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:13

I know I can easily become hardened by sin...I need the encouragement of others to lift me up and help me keep focused on the cross. We all have a choice to make...are we going to be Debbie Downers or Lucy Lifters?

Things to keep Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?