Slowwww downnnn....

Live a Simple Life


January is here and it's a time of a slower paced life for us. These last couple months have been a whirlwind...I enjoyed them a lot, but my nature is for a more slower paced, simple life. When I say slower paced I mean staying home, relaxing, puttering around the house, trying new recipes, making cheese, making good wholesome warm meals, chatting with friends and family (love facebook :)), thinking about what to plant this year, etc.

When I say simple, that doesn't mean easy...it's getting wood gathered for the woodstove, cleaning the chicken coop, making cheese, etc. Simple is no overindulgence, no fancy meals with weird ingredients, using what you have, saving for what you don't, not being too busy for the Lord, and no hustle and bustle. Just enjoying life and taking it in and not letting it whiz by. It's loving others deeply and growing closer to them.

God has created in me an old fashioned personality and I am really glad for it. :) I am very content. :)

I encourage everyone to slow down this winter and ponder the Lord in your heart. Seek His face, crave His word, and ask Him what He wants you to do for His kingdom. In order to do that, we need to slowww downnn. :)

Comments

  1. Good post Stephanie! God has put so much of this into my heart and yet sometimes life just becomes such a whirlwind for me and leaves me feeling all scattered about! Old fashioned personality - I like that alot! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...