Decisions...

We've decided (my husband and I) for me to stop taking the chemo/immunosuppressives. They have really made me sick and it's just not the way we want me to live. There was a time I didn't take them because they caused some cancer (cervical) and I didn't want to get any other cancer. During that time, I felt really good and then a tragedy happened in our family and that's when I started getting worse again. The medicine has caused anemia and me feeling sick to my stomach ALL the time. I can't live that way. I am going to continue to take the experimental supplement and the Mestinon for neuromuscular function and see where that leads. I think it will be a great benefit to be off that chemo drug. I feel like I have been poisoning myself with it for so long and when they doubled it, well, that was just too much.

Today is the first full day without it. It may take a good week to get it out of my system to where I feel better. I'm hoping that happens sooner though. I do have an appetite today, which is good. :) I would appreciate your prayers for me to keep getting stronger and better. I love life and I want to enjoy it. :)

Comments

  1. You and your family are always in my prayers. My hope is that your strength and energy will return. God can and does miracles. We just have to do all we can do and let Him do the rest and be content in what He provides. :)
    I can tell you do love life by your sweet and caring attitudes. Your sensitive towards others is also quite apparent. I can tell that you not only love life but also love God even more.
    You are not alone in your life journey. You have a family that love you dearly. Let us encourage one another as the days move on. There is a day we all are waiting for :)
    Because of Him,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are for sure in my prayers...♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie,
    I am praying for your health and that you would feel better! You encourage me so much through your strength and trusting God above all!!
    God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your prayers. They are VERY appreciated!

    Dad, thank you for the kind comments. I am so glad God has blessed me with you! Yes there is a day we are all waiting for, a day with no hurt or pain. :) Maybe I'll get a little taste of that this side of heaven. Lord willing. Love you, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know the Hoover family will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you as you come off all the meds

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?