When God speaks...

Do you listen? Can you recognize His voice?

I find that God speaks to me when things are quiet. When my mind is still and my heart is open. I wake up about 6:30 every day and I have the morning to myself. I love it. I can sit outside in the coolness of the morning and watch the Earth move with creatures and the breeze that sways the trees. It's quite wonderful. During these times I pray and ponder on things. This morning I was pondering about being overwhelmed and disappointed in myself that I didn't get to the laundry yesterday and Ryan was scrambling around to find things. (I hadn't gotten things put away) It bothers me when I am not fulfilling my duties as a wife and helpmeet due to being overwhelmed with "other things" (Hence yesterdays post on being too busy) During that ponder, God said to me..."When life throws you out of the saddle, dust yourself off and get back on the horse." I kinda chuckled because I can just picture this. :) Then I thought about it and realized that a lot of my life can be summed up in that. I have been thrown out of the saddle quite a few times and each time I have dusted myself off and gotten back on the horse. Now that's not to say I haven't had any bruises as I climbed back on that horse. Sometimes it's painful just to swing your leg over the saddle. But, I do it. Why? Because that horse leads me to the still waters. :)

What are some things God is telling you? Are you listening? When He speaks, do you obey?

Don't let life keep you out of that saddle. You can see a lot farther on that horse than you can laying in the dirt. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?