Gratefulness

If you're upset over things you don't have...you miss being thankful for the things you do have.

I tend to think at times on things I miss or have missed out on. I don't like it when I do that. I don't think God wants us to dwell on what He has not provided and instead be grateful for what He has provided.

So I am going to focus on what He has provided....He has provided me with good sight for a good stretch of time. I've been able to revel in the beauty of the earth He has created. Wonderful sunrises and sunsets, beautiful flowers, looking into the faces of the people I love, being able to watch some of His creatures bring forth life, being able to see the bullseye on a target, and the simpleness of being able to see my home to do my chores.

He has provided me with strength to plant my garden and take care of my chickens. He has given me strength to do my chores at home and fix good home cooked meals for my family. He has given me strength to get through the pain I have some days and to keep my eyes on Him. He even gave me strength to put my crossbow together. :)

He has provided me with a soft heart filled with forgiveness for others. He has provided me a big heart so I may carry the ones I love in it. He has provided me a heart filled with desires for godliness and holiness. He has provided me a heart filled with love for His creation.

He has provided me with a husband who truly loves me and tells me I'm a good wife everyday. Literally...he tells me that everyday. :) He started that a couple weeks ago and hasn't stopped. ;) I sure don't mind. :) He has provided me with a husband who is striving to be the man God has designed him to be. My heart leaps for joy when I see the fruit in him. He is hard working, dedicated to helping others, and is a loving leader of our home.

He has provided me with a wonderful son who has a heart the size of Texas. :) He loves His creation, too. He is savvy with computers and technology. He has a desire to please the Lord and wants to learn more about the Jesus he serves. He looks after me and helps me when I need it on the days my body decides to not work properly. He loves hugs and homemade cheeseburgers. :)

He has provided me with wonderful friends who really care. One of which wants to be a dad to us and I am grateful that he desires to do that even if it cannot be fulfilled outwardly. I have friends who are very accepting to us, who have been by our sides through the time since I was wearing a headcovering until the present time. They give me encouragement and help me to stay focused on the Lord. And besides all that, they are fun to be with. :)

God has provided me with so many blessings. The biggest blessing that He has provided is His Son. To show my gratitude for all He has provided, I will live my life serving Him and loving Him all the days of my life...

Comments

  1. A lovely post, you certainly have a lot to be thankful for and so do I.

    Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for the loves in my life they are truly a blessing.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?