Rough day yesterday....

Yesterday was a rough day for me...I found out my real dad had a heart attack around Sunday. I heard it through the grapevine...Have no idea how he is...

It brought up tough memories of him not wanting me to be part of his life. The daughter in me that longs for an earthly father resurfaced. So many memories stirred up...But, God is in control and I rest in that fact. He knows all and He knows what's best for this daughter of His.

Mondays, I go into church and do some things and a woman that is there that helps with some of those things was talking about her husband. She said he goes to church on Wednesday nights to another church (ours doesn't have Wed night) and said that there is a young woman there that doesn't have a dad. (Let's just say this was a weird coincidental conversation.) She said her husband went up and gave the young woman a hug and kiss on her cheek. She said this young woman came up to her and with tears in her eyes told her that her husband doing that meant so much to her because she never had that. The young lady asked if it was ok if she called her husband "dad". She said, "Oh yes! I don't mind that at all. He has been called "dad" be a few young ladies and I'm glad he can fill that gap for them." I told her what a blessing it was that she was ok with that and that God was using her husband for such things. I had tears in my eyes and had to leave the room and head home. (We were done with our work) The whole thing caught me off guard really. The one I call "dad" in my heart has done the very same thing, but it wasn't received the same way by his wife. I pray some day that his wife could be like the woman I volunteer with in that she allows God to open her eyes and see what a good thing it is to be used by God.

Just amazing that God had that for me to hear on Monday...Maybe it was to see that God does us people in that way and it's ok. Maybe it was to hear that I'm not the only daughter that had a dad that didn't want her...I'm very thankful that I have a heavenly Father and an earthly "dad" I can carry in my heart. Many blessings He bestows....

Comments

  1. I feel it to be a huge blessing that anyone (outside my own kids) would want to call me 'mom'. It surprises me that more people don't feel the same way...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?