Comfort...

I'm so glad we serve a God who comforts His children in times of well, all the time. I have been burdened a bit lately with frankly being discontent and envious. I have been discontent with what I have and need to be content with what I do have. I'm not talking about material things. ;) I have also been envious of the children that can openly, in front of God and everyone, express their love to their dad verbally. I'm working on those things and God has been a comfort to me during this "working out" of such things. I can become disappointed in myself because I felt this way, and I have, but it's not very productive for me. I get "stuck" if I do that. So, I have decided to face how I feel and give it to God...

I had my ultrasound today and God was there to comfort me during that, also. I've been in quite a bit of pain and just hoping it's nothing to worry about. I should find out something on Wednesday. I know that this body isn't going to last forever...and I try to do the best I can with it. I look forward to "that day" when we get a glorified body and have no more pain, sickness, weakness, difficulty swallowing, exhaustion, or trouble seeing. Someday I will see the Lord with new eyes and a new body. :) Praise God that "there is a day". :) It makes my heart swell with joy...

I will be so glad when this rain is over...I NEED to get out in the garden before I lose it to grass. Lately, I have been enjoying the beautiful sounds of the mockingbird. :) It's almost as good as the frogs. :)

I've got some shirts to sew and some skirts, too. I love that I can make my own clothes. I'm so thankful to my Mennonite friends for teaching me some of their tricks. :) I can make modest clothes that I wouldn't normally be able to find in stores. I hope to get some time this week to at least get a shirt done. :)

"Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones." Isaiah 49:13

Thank you, God, for having compassion on me and comforting me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?