The weekend...

It was pretty hot this weekend and despite the humidity, I loved it! :) My only disappointment was not getting some skirts done. I'm running out of cool summer skirts. *shrug* Maybe I'll find time this week...or maybe I'll MAKE time this week. ;) It's gonna be hot this week, too, so maybe that will motivate me to find the time.

Had an interesting day yesterday...I've been working through some things with God about my dad. I keep asking Him if some things are just not meant to be or if they are that they can be hindered by others. Of course the answer to both of those was yes. But, He keeps giving me bits here and there of not letting go just yet and to keep giving it some time. So I shall. :) Believe me, I want to because if someday the freedom of love is there, it will be worth it. :) I keep having dreams of my dad praying over his wife outside our house and then them coming inside to talk to us. (Don't ask me, I just dream it. I don't always understand it. lol) I sat by my dad at church last night, which was a special treat. Deep down, though, there was a slight amount of pain because I was reminded of what I don't have. But, then I remind myself of what I do have. :)

Another interesting part was dinner last night. Hunter was with us and we were the first ones there. He sat down by me and said, "Bob is going to sit right here by me because I never get to talk to him anymore and I want to talk to him." So he began to make the seating arrangements in order to fulfill that desire. Unfortunately, the poor guy talked his ear off! ;) Then the waitress made mention of not having a dad...At first I was again reminded of my situation, but then I was overcome with the realization that there are sooooo many opportunities for men to step up and be a mentor to women like us (in an appropriate way of course) My husband's best friend's dad was eating with us last night, too, and he has been a bit of a father figure for us, too, which I am thankful. I guess I didn't realize how great a need there is for godly father figures. I know there is a need in my family, but just hearing the waitress last night made me realize it's bigger than I thought. God has a purpose and a plan and I know He is in control and will provide for me what He sees fit for me to become a better woman closer to Him. I am so thankful for the love I do have from my dad and will continue to pray that it can grow. If it can't, I pray God gives us all a clear picture as to what He wants us to do with our relationship. Whatever He decides, the love will ALWAYS be there.

Heading to church this morning to do some data entry and then come home and try very hard to find time to cut patterns. I have tons of laundry to fold, so it will have to be after that. ;) Later tonight I have to tend to the garden. Don't want weeds to overtake it. :)

I want to close in saying that I am thankful that God is teaching me, guiding me, comforting me, showing me more and more of Himself, and helping me grow a deeper relationship with Him. If my dad could say it, I think he'd tell me he was proud of me in how much I have grown in the Lord in wanting to be the woman He created me to be...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?