To His glory...

Christ is building His kingdom with earth's broken things.  Men want only the strong, the successful, the victorious, the unbroken, in building their kingdoms; but God is the God of the unsuccessful, of those who have failed.  Heaven is filling with earth's broken lives, and there is no bruised reed that Christ cannot take and restore to glorious blessedness and beauty.  He ca take the life crushed by pain or sorrow and make it into a harp whose music shall be all praise.  He can lift earth's saddest failure up to heaven's glory. ~ J.R. Miller

We all have suffered at one time or another in our life.  I certainly have.  I have suffered from sexual abuse as a child, being made fun of for being too pale, suffered emotional stress in the beginning of our marriage, from physical pain and weakness, from losing loved ones, and more recently, suffering incredible amounts of physical pain for 11 days straight.  BUT, there is one who is close to the brokenhearted.  He suffered also.  In fact, He suffered the ultimate by sacrificing Himself for all of us.  He is Christ Jesus. Because of His death on the cross, He is able to rescue us from the punishment of sin.  He has taken our sin upon Him so that we may live. How absolutely joyous is that! Because of Christ, we now have comfort in our suffering.  Because of Christ, we will reign with Him in glory where there is no more suffering or death.  Amen! He is the great I AM.  He is our Father.  He is powerful against the powers of darkness.  We can seek shelter in His wings. Because of His love for me and all He has given, I choose to live a life pleasing to Him.  I am not perfect.  But, it is my desire to strive to please my heavenly Father.

I do not get angry with Him because of my lot in life.  Why would I?  It is He who has given me my cup. I may not think what's in my cup is great, but I do know that it is the One who loves me that gives it to me.  So, because I trust Him, I accept what He hands me in the cup.  He knows best.  I don't see the big picture of my life. He does.  It may seem strange to me the things He chooses to give and take, but that is only because I see right in front of me.  As His child, I trust that He takes care of me as a Father would.

So many blessings He sets before me.  He knows what I like and some things He gives just because He knows it will cheer me up. :)  Like a sunset with the vibrant colors, fall colors on leaves, the smell of cornfields in the summer evenings, the sound of wrens, the fluttering of swallows that swoop by me when I'm mowing, the smell of an old barn, an unexpected hug, a kind word of encouragement...gosh I could go on and on. :)  He does provide, amen! 

There is a day when our life here will end and we will see His face if we are believers.  Until that day, He gives us opportunities to grow and reach others for Him, to learn from the lessons He provides, and to become more and more like Christ.  I'm still learning and growing through trials, joy, sorrow, and thanksgiving.  He is worthy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?