Gorgeous weather...

It's October 7th and the weather has been phenomenal.  It's supposed to be 80 today and Saturday is supposed to be 87.  The warm sunshine feels so good on my hurting body and my mending heart.  It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for ya. :) 

Trying to get a lot done around this house before my surgery again. I need to get the chicken coop clean, dust, vacuum, put up some more meals in the freezer, etc. 

Woke up in a lot of pain this morning.  It's a good reminder of the blessing this surgery will be.  Yesterday I felt like I didn't have much fight left in me.  I just felt like the wind was taken out of my sails and I had no desire to get strong for surgery.  This week has been emotionally difficult, but also joyous.  Today is better and I feel like I got some of my gumption back.  I received a book in the mail from a stranger in a way (we are friends on facebook and he is a pastor)  He has noticed that I have had a bit of a tough go and wanted to send me a book called "Streams in the Desert" that gave encouragement in suffering.  He thought it would be a good book for me.  He had no idea just how much.  I love it.  It has helped me tremendously already and I am grateful God laid it on his heart to send it to me.  It has helped give me strength in my suffering and to realize God has a purpose for it all...

Hunter is doing very well in his program at the library.  He says he actually looks forward to going.  He is doing sound effects for the "movie" they are making.  He is in a room with mostly college students and some high school.  He ended up being the youngest one and they took him in and are very kind to him and impressed with his knowledge of technology.

I will leave you today with a quote from the book "Streams in the Desert"...
"When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
Our Father's full giving has only begun..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?