Ahhhh....baking

I'm feeling fairly well this morning and I am going to do some baking! :)  I still can't drive yet and the captain hasn't been to the store this week, so I wasn't able to get any blueberries.  I was really wanting to make some blueberry muffins because I just had a hankerin' for them.  So, instead, I'm going to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.  I have what I need for it and it's fall after all. :)  If it turns out good I'll post a picture and a recipe. :)

It was really nice to get out of the house yesterday.  It seemed strange at first, all the noises, people, etc, but I quickly got used to it again.  I am excited to get back to church Sunday after missing a couple.  It will be nice to worship with fellow believers again.  It's also my birthday that day...:)

Here is a piece from the book "Streams in the Desert" that I liked today...

"He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver." Malachi 3:3
"The old refiner never leaves his crucible, but sits down by it, lest there should be one excessive degree of heat to mar the metal.  But, as soon as he skims from the surface the last of the dross, and sees his own face reflected, he puts out the fire."

God wants to purify us...pure and simple.  He wants to see His reflection in us.  In order to do that, the precious metal that we are, needs to be subjected to the fire.  Trials and pain, are what purify us.  Getting through such things in a godly way, brings us closer to purification.  Once God see His own reflection in us, He doesn't tarry in putting out the fire.  He is merciful and compassionate.  He loves us enough to allow us to hurt a little while, so that we will be without pain in the end.  For eternity.  There is a day...Praise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?