Having a hard time...

This recovery has been difficult for me...I have much joy knowing that I am now cancer free, but the pain and discomfort associated with the recovery is hard.  It's also hard to not be allowed to do anything.  I have been in this house for about 8 days and can't leave until Wed. My family has been so good at picking up the slack, but my poor husband is having a hard time doing the things I did like grocery shopping, etc.  Hunter has done a good job cleaning, but I can tell he is so over it. ;)  My mind is very spacey right now, probably due to lingering anesthesia...I don't feel like myself.  I feel like I can't focus or concentrate very well.  I try to say things and my sentence doesn't always make sense. :(  I am trying to remember that I am supposed to focus on healing and my recovery, but I feel like I'm missing out on life.  I can't even hug my husband real good because of the stitches, pain, etc.  Please pray for us.  This is a rough season for us mentally.  I just kinda feel alone...I know God will see us through to the other side of this and that's what keeps me at peace.  My husband said this will be our most memorable anniversary yet. I think he's right...

Comments

  1. Whoa easy there girl - my surgery (neck/spinal cord) experience was very traumatic on my mind and body. One day I would feel so much better and the very next day I would cry because I felt even worse. I stumbled home from the hospital after 24 hr thinking - oh I can do this - and now aside from the fears and tears and pain and lonesomeness, (yes I know what you mean!) I remember asking Jesus a dozen times a day to calm my "stormy" recovery with "peace be still". You'll be ok and I think its time for me to send you a card to encourage your heart! Look for it sometime late next week ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one very sweet lady! Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?