Peaceful stillness...

When winds are raging o'er the upper oceans,
And billows wild contend with angry roar,
'Tis said, far down beneath the wild commotion,
That peaceful stillness reigneth evermore

Far, far beneath, the noise of tempest dieth,
And silver waves chime ever peacefully,
And no rude storm, how fierce soe'er it flieth,
Disturbs the Sabbath of that deeper sea

So to the heart that knows Thy love, O Purest,
There is a temple sacred evermore,
And all the babble of life's angry voices
Dies in hushed silence at it's peaceful door

Far, far away, the roar of passion dieth,
And loving thoughts rise calm and peacefully,
And no rude storm, how fierce soe'er it flieth,
Disturbs the soul that dwells, O Lord, in Thee.
~Harriet Beecher Stowe


I have had a lot to time to ponder things.  Being laid up from surgery can do that to ya. ;)  I am so thankful for His peace.  I am so thankful for His comfort during this recovery and healing process.  Our God is so good.  


I looked out the window today and it seems I missed some of the leaves falling.  There are leaves everywhere out there. :)  It's fun to listen to the chickens run around on them.  Crunch...crunch. :)  I really love this time of year.  It seems like it's going by so fast though.  My birthday will be here in 11 days.  Sheesh.  It's just flying by. I want to savor the colors and the crisp air.  I think I may take a short walk around our homestead today so I can enjoy it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?