The simple life...





I have been enjoying hanging out our clothes again. It is so fulfilling to not have to use the dryer and to watch the clothes blow in the breeze.

The simple life isn't always easy, but it's so rewarding.



During WWI and WWII people grew "Victory" gardens. The thought was to reduce pressure on the public food supply brought on by the war. Well, we grow a garden, not because of the war (although if we were asked to for that reason we would to show support for our troops) but because of elevating prices, unknown food additives, and pesticides. We enjoy knowing where our vegetables come from. I also enjoy canning the produce to have in the winter. I'm praying for a good garden year this year. Last year was horrible.

Again, simple isn't always easy, but very rewarding. :)

I love to just sit on my porch and relax and listen to the birds and watch the critters. I am so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom. I get to enjoy the simple life in it's full. I get to homeschool and teach our son the wonderful things about the simple life. He gets to experience the fast-paced life when we go to a big city and he isn't into the traffic. :) He likes the city, just doesn't want to live there. :)

Getting back to the basics is what we are about. It's no good when you get too busy you have no time to spend time with the people you love. Working hard together, becoming self sufficient (doesn't mean without God), eating good food, having a warm comfortable home, learning the old ways, and preparing for winter are wonderful things. I hope some of you slow down and get "back to basics". It's wonderful...

Comments

  1. We are very blessed as well to live the life we live. I see God in every thing around us and that is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the simple pleasures in life too.

    I do work part time but get to choose what days and hours so that is not too bad. I would like to be a full time stay at home mum but circumstances don't allow it just yet, although I think we would manage okay.

    Life gets so busy sometimes it is refreshing to be able to get off the treadmill and take some deep breaths, relax and get back to basics. It is a nice way to escape the world when needed.....

    Have a great day,
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was delighted to find someone who wants to live the simple life. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...