The quiet...

I like early mornings when the sun is coming up and the birds are chirping...it's quiet. It gives me time with the Lord to refocus for the day and put Him first. It helps me focus on having a meek and quiet spirit that I desire towards my family.

Yesterday evening wasn't so good or quiet. I had a falling out with my mom. It did not go well, but I am hoping she takes time to reflect on some of the decisions she has made concerning our son. Asking him to lie to us twice caused some turmoil in our son. We had to stand up and do what is right for him. We are praying for her to allow God to change her heart concerning her behavior. In the meantime, Hunter will be taking a break from visits with her.

Waiting in the "quiet" while we wait to see what the future holds for us and our "dad" is getting easier. Although, I miss him. But, my husband said to me the other day that he is losing some of that closeness and relationship because of the separation. He said he must not have had as close of a relationship as I did because this is getting a lot easier for him. It is still hard for me, but because of the distance, if we can not be son/daughter, it won't hurt as bad now. It is up to God and the parties involved. It's unfortunate that some of that closeness is fading...but what can we expect with no contact. ;) I just pray that the closeness between him and his wife is becoming stronger. That is more important than the closeness with us. We should be last. God knows what He is doing and what is best for all of us....

The quiet of the evening serves to reflect on the day and if it was glorifying to God or not. It's quiet and everyone is asleep, so there are no distractions. You can evaluate yourself and make changes for the next day if need be. You can be encouraged if you handled things in a Godly way.

So you see, the quiet can be good and it can be uncomfortable. It's all in how we use the quiet we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...