Good morning...

Can you believe I slept until almost 9! I went to bed at a decent time, too. I must have been really tired....

I don't have to go into church this morning as they are closed today. I will go in tomorrow. So today I will go to the grocery store instead. I am using a menu planning site called www.thescramble.com. It is nice in that I can customize it to be gluten free. I needed some ideas as I have gotten very boring in my meals. :( We just like good ole home cookin'. Nothin' fancy or anything. Although a fancy meal every once in a while is good. :)

My chicks are getting so big! I hope they integrate well into the existing flock. I can't wait til August when I get green and blue eggs. :)

I really need to get to work on cleaning this house...my wood floors are full of dog feet prints because it rained recently. I feel like my house reflects my homemaking abilities. When it's a mess, I feel like a mess. I feel like it's a big part of my being a helpmeet and homemaker to keep a tidy house. I often fail at this due to weakness and exhaustion. And between you and me...I'd rather be outside. :) I went for a walk with Hunter and a friend on Thursday and it was just beautiful. We went to a park and walked trails. There is a pond there and the frogs were singing. I just LOVE to hear those. It just warms my heart for some reason. :)

I'm hoping to have some strength this week to make some jelly...I'll be making some cherry jelly and some white grape peach. We are down to our last jar of strawberry jam.

There is a new gluten free store that opened up near us. I am so happy about it! They sell Udi's bread, which is the BEST gluten free bread EVER! It stays soft on the counter. I was talking to customers there and telling them all about Celiac and the products that I was actually offered a job! Funny, huh! :) I said I would come volunteer for them for like informational meetings or something or just come hang out there for a few hours a week, but they need not pay me. I enjoy sharing the knowledge I have about Celiac. :) Looking forward to doing that soon.

Tomorrow is Hunter's last day of Spring break. I am enjoying these few days off. :) I'm looking forward to next years curriculum and digging in. :) I really enjoy homeschooling. Next year will be our 8th year. :)

I pray everyone has a wonderful Spring day today. Enjoy the simple things. Ponder on what God wants in your life. Stop and look at the beautiful creation before you. Listen to the sweet sounds you hear. Remember the good things that have happened in your life and the good things that are happening now. God is so good to us...

Comments

  1. I'll say a prayer for some extra energy for you! I just began homeschooling our daughter and I love it as well. It feels like we've never done anything else. I know what you mean about your house reflecting how you feel. I too feel much better when my house is clean and tidy. Mine is almost always tidy, but with 4 dogs and living on a homestead (as I'm sure you know) it isn't always "clean". :) Here's hoping you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, living in the country with dirt, heating the house with a woodstove, having a dog and a son tracking in...it gets dirty. lol. Glad you enjoy homeschooling...it's great. :) Thank you for the prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel the same way, if the house is a mess, i am a mess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...