Being a mix of things...

I think of myself as a mixture of a housewife from the 1800's and the 1950's.

Promotional Still Featuring Starlet Acting Like Housewife Preparing Food


Lighting The Stove, 1886



I love to bake from scratch.

John Bull, Cooking Housewives, UK, 1950


I love to take care of my husband and son.

My Home, Husbands and Wives Magazine, UK, 1934



Wife and Home, First Editions Mothers and Babies Housewives Magazine, UK, 1929



Home Making, Housewives Sewing First Issue Magazine, UK, 1932


I wish there were more magazines like this now-a-days. :( I think us housewives need more encouragement to keep doing what we are doing. Making a happy home can be difficult at times. There are a lot of women out there that don't know quite how to accomplish this. Life is so fast paced for most that it makes my head spin. I LOVE my slow paced life. I LOVE living and raising our son in the country.

Vegetables


I love being able to put food up for our family and cooking wholesome meals for them. I couldn't stomach going out to eat most nights and getting fast food. It's just not how it's supposed to be. It's not how God wired me. He put in me an old fashioned spirit with old fashioned morals.

It breaks my heart to see that people don't seem to blush anymore. So many things are permissible. It's hard to watch the world like that. As for my family, we will keep our old fashioned morals, thinking, cooking, loving, work ethic, homemaking, and continue to be God fearing people.

We will continue to enjoy this country life that God has truly blessed us with. I am so thankful that we choose to slow down and enjoy what God has created and not get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the world.

Days Gone By


Fresh from the Farm

Comments

  1. I'm finding lots of friends stuck in that timeframe too! We are loving country simplicity, skirts, aprons, and animals in the pasture. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He is! :) I just wish more women would understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! We too enjoy country life and wouldn't have it any other way. The world moves too fast and too loose. It is sad that families have lost the closeness we are blessed to have.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the farm that the Lord has blessed us with...the joys of simplicity...wonderful!
    Great post Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing all that, too....and why not, you know? It's not hard to make your own food, do your own thing.... Yesterday, my niece (she's one year) was visiting, and I made her applesauce. My SIL was shocked. "You MADE it?!" Well, goodness gracious....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, you're right. It's not hard. It can be time consuming, but not hard. That's the beauty of not working. Even if it takes time, it's so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cooing from scratch, but we live in what used to be the country. I guess you would now call it suburbia. We have one acre but half of it is in woods. I am much oler than you but you have moral values and work ethic like I was raised with. Our 2 sons work circles around others they work with because younger people today have not been raised that way. How do you control your fibromyalgia? I am going to subscribe to your post and think that I will greatly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Glad you stopped by! :)
      My fibromyalgia is controlled with Lyrica and occasional pain meds. I also take fish oil and anti-inflammatory herbs to help.

      Delete
  8. I'm trying to take my family back to a time when things were made from scratch and veggies came from the garden, not a can. I know a few things. My mom did things the old way, but I am already loving this site. I can learn a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?