What are you striving for?

I'm just curious as to what others strive for...

Do you have something in mind? Think about it...

Do you reach what you are striving for...or do you fall short of your goal?

Like I said, I'm just curious...

I'm striving for Ephesians 4:22-24

22"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."

Can I reach this goal? I would like to hope so...Have I reached it yet? No...but, I am striving for it. It is very difficult to be made new in the attitude of your minds. Our minds can get into such a habit of negative thinking or "same ole" thinking. It takes effort, it doesn't just happen. It takes acting instead of reacting...It takes hiding God's Word in our heart that we might not sin against Him...

And how do we know if we've reached the goal we're striving for? Opportunities and trials. If we are not faced with these, we will never know if we are rid of our old habit. We won't be able to test it out so to speak.

If you are striving to become more like Christ, you will never fully reach our goal until your last breath. So keep your head up and take every opportunity He gives you to "test" out your new tools that are shaping you to be more like Christ.

STRIVE NOT Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

  1. This is good and I have been thinking about it off and on for days now. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...