Hard times...

I am going to be real....

I am having a bit of a hard time right now...

There are some things going on with family that is confusing and it is breaking my heart. I don't know all the details, but we are praying through it. My heart aches for the unknown and I've just cried. I am leaning on the Lord for him to comfort me during this time of uncertainty.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Ps 34:18

*UPDATE*
Found out tonight that I can no longer call who I've come to love as a dad "dad" anymore. His wife has become uncomfortable with it and it has worn on their marriage. I respect her wishes. It's been a really emotional, hard night. I know God will be there even if I don't/can't have a dad anymore. :( My heart is just broken into a million pieces. I have lost a dad all over again. (praying it's temporary) I wish she would/could understand. For a while I got to be a daughter again...I will cherish those times in my heart and hold on to them. I'm just hurting so much right now....

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. Psalm 31:9

Comments

  1. Praying right along with you Stephanie. Just remember god is with you always. Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep holding the hand of Jesus, He will lead you safely through! God knows your every need and here is right with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand Stephanie. I didn't have a dad either do to alcoholism and drug abuse. I know how much your heart is breaking. Just remember it is refining you to make you stronger for Him, if that makes any sense. I know how much it hurts, you always have a Heavenly Father and are his daughter so you are always a daughter, HIS daughter the best kind of daughter to be.
    My prayers are with you dear sister in Christ.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jessica...it's just really hard. We thought everything was fine and I guess it wasn't. In the meantime, we grew a strong father/daughter bond. And now it seems lost. I hope she will fully understand someday and I can have that bond back. I am grateful to be a daughter of the King. Your words are very comforting to me. This refining this hurts...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that you know the comfort of the Lord is a special way tonight.
    Blessings,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was afraid your first post had something to do with your dad after reading it late yesterday. Honey you can get around this and I know you know how to lean on the Lord!! This is my verse for when I have a confused heart; Isaiah 41:10 (I am waiting on the Lord concerning you today)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...