Picking up the pieces...

I have hurt more in the last few days than I have in a while. It's a hurt that I can't understand, but I have no choice but to accept. It is hard to understand how being loved as a daughter in a Godly way that has brought tremendous joy to my life can be taken away so fast it would make your head spin. One minute, ok. The next, disaster. It just sent me reeling. But, if what I feel God has put into motion has caused upset, then by no means do I want to be party to someone else's upset. I don't want to cause strife. I will sacrifice the love I can show to my dad so someone else can be happy. I still believe in my heart that God has orchestrated this relationship to bring back the years the locust have eaten from me not having a dad and for so many other reasons. I have found in him what I didn't have in my dads. Love and a father/daughter bond. If God so chooses this to change and become whole again, then it will. Otherwise, He has only given it for a time and then allowed it to be ripped away. Why it was ripped away so abruptly, I'll never know. But, I will continue to trust in Him and have the strength to not cry every time I look at what he made me for my birthday. I will treasure it always. I will wait upon the Lord to see what the future holds for this relationship. Whatever happens, I pray He is glorified.

Comments

  1. Amy, I didn't post your comment, but the answer is "yes" But, I have come to forgive in my heart and pray she can deal with the issues you talked about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought so...I've dealt with a similar situation with a friend. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...