Dessert and lessons...


These are Gooey Turtle Bars I adapted from "Eat at Home's" blog. I made mine gluten free and took them to small group. They turned out pretty good so I thought I'd share...

1 Box gluten free yellow cake mix
1/3 c milk
6 T melted butter
1/2 c pecans
choc chips
caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 350. Mix box mix, milk, and butter together. Pour 1/2 of batter into an 8x8 pan. Bake for 15 min. Take out and sprinkle with choc chips, 1/4c pecans, and caramel sauce. Spoon other 1/2 of batter on top and bake for 15 more min. Take out and sprinkle more choc chips, pecans, and caramel sauce on top. Let cool then cut.




Wives, I want you to know just how much influence we have on our husbands...good and bad. God created us to be our husbands HELPMEET. We are to support, love, care for, nurture, and submit to him. When we fall out of line with what God has created us to do/be, there are dire consequences. We become overpowering, bitter, and hardhearted. Not a good place to be. It may even cause our husbands to become stressed, anxious, and timid when we become those things.

If this is you (and has been me at times) I encourage you to STOP and look at yourself soberly. What you see may hurt, but it won't last forever. God can help you become the woman He has meant for you to be. A loving, tenderhearted, submissive woman. I have found great enjoyment in being that woman. I know I am pleasing GOD when I follow biblical principles. I'm not saying it's easy...it can be very difficult at first. As women, we have a rebellious spirit that tries to resist what God has intended. But, if we set self aside and look at the whole picture in what God is trying to accomplish, it will be easier.

I realize more and more just how important it is to be the wife God has created me to be. I strive everyday to be better at being a GOOD helpmeet to my husband. I thank God He is willing to direct me and I am willing to be directed. I pray God continues to tenderize my heart and allow that nurturing, loving spirit in me to come forth and spill over into my home.

Comments

  1. This post has it all - yummy treats recipe, humor (the 2nd photo) and a good message! Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to strive to be my husbands helpmeet! I hope your son is feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! He is feeling much better today, praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...