Making a difference...

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” Ralph Waldo Emerson


I pray I have made a difference in someone's life in my 34 yrs. And as my life continues on through the years (Lord willing and the creek don't rise) that I may continue to reach people with the love of God and my life was not for nothing. I pray the love I have shown to others has made an impact on the Kingdom. I pray that simplicity of my life has opened the eyes of others to see the beauty of the Lord and to slow down and enjoy all He has for us.

Each one of our lives can impact so many. What difference are we making? What are we learning? Who are we impacting? What are we teaching with our lives? Many good questions...

Are we open enough to learn from what God has put in our lives? Are we strong enough to withstand trials that produce a refining? Because gold is only refined by fire. And fire hurts. I am willing to withstand if it shapes me to be more like Christ and to be more of an impact on the Kingdom in some way. Withstanding doesn't come easy...it will break you down until you think you can't take anymore. That is when the good Lord starts to mold you and build you back up. Praise God for His mercy and strength and care. And after the trial, you will have a new knowledge that only God could have given, not man. You will see more clearly the purpose of the hurt...for every hurt has a purpose. God creates a new purpose from the old...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...