Alone time with God...

“We can be tired, weary and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.” Charles Stanley

It can take all we have to fight where it seems we just have an ounce of fight left, but GOD sustains us and fills us with the strength to keep going. I have experienced this many times during my life. Each thing fought for was worth the sheer exhaustion of the fight. I have fought for my life, my health, love, family, and convictions. I would like to encourage you to not give up. There may come a time where you feel like that's the only thing left to do. I have felt like that, too. But, we must press on. We can gain more strength from God. Like Charles Stanley said, we can do that by spending time alone with God. That quiet alone time can refuel us. Being alone with God gets our minds refocused to His will. It helps us remember what we are fighting for...

We replaced a ceiling fan today...which became more of a project that we thought. My husband called a friend to come help him put it in. He did and we were very grateful. It's nice to have friends you can call to help with such things. :) I pasteurized some milk today, cleaned, and did a bit of laundry. I don't feel like I've been accomplishing much lately. I have spent a lot of my energy on fighting for some things. I have been fighting for my health lately. I go to my neurologist next month, but I may end up going in sooner if things don't shape up. I have had much difficulty with swallowing and some weakness. I've been getting along ok, so that is good. I know the good Lord has sustained me and will continue to until He chooses not to. I will continue to serve Him with the strength He provides me. :)

Hoping to get some more things done tomorrow...I have some errands to run along with more cleaning. I was hoping the sun would come out, but it doesn't look like it will. It's been over 2 weeks. :( It's snowy and windy tonight. I can hear the wind howling out back. It makes the woodstove all the more cozy to me. Enjoying it very much tonight...

Praying everyone's evening is going well. I hope you get to have that alone time with God to refocus on what you're fighting for in your life...and to praise God for giving you the strength to press on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...