It's official...

I'm the mom of a teenager! 13 years ago today we were blessed with an 8 lb 7 oz son. :) I'm so glad God decided to entrust us with such a sweet boy. The doctors didn't think I'd be able to carry him and told me not to get my hopes up. They said I was too weak. I protected that little guy while I carried him. At five months along, when I felt him kick, I suddenly knew that God was going to allow me to carry him just fine. Even when I went preterm labor at 7 mos, I knew he would be ok. They stopped it and then he waited too long and they had to induce me. ;) He came screaming with strong lungs. It was difficult for me to deliver him and I did it all natural with no pain medicine, but it was worth it. I loved being pregnant. I'm so glad God blessed us with him knowing he was going to be our only one we could have.

He has a heart for others and cares about other people's feelings. He is very smart. :) He is kind and loving and sweet. I pray he allows the Lord to guide his life. We are going to continue and teach him His ways so he can grow up to be a strong, loving, godly man. I am so thankful that even though he doesn't have a grandpa, he has someone he looks up to as such. He gets love and wisdom from him and that brings all of us joy. He was blessed with a wonderful gift and card from him and that just made Hunter's day. I walked in his room last night and he was laying on his bed with his hands behind his head pondering what was written in his card. He said, "that was really nice." I said, "It sure was..." and walked out of his room and left him to his pondering.

We are having cake and ice cream tonight and I'll post a picture later of his cake. He wanted me to make him an apple logo cake, so I'm going to give it whirl. He thinks I do a good job. :)

I want to encourage you all to enjoy the time you have with your family. I know sickness can cause you to realize that relationships with others is all you take to heaven. It's so important to grow them. Be intentional with them. Don't just tell them you love them, but show them. It can be as simple as a hug to show them you love them. I am loved and I hope my loved ones know how much I love them and always will. I intend to be more intentional with my actions in showing them. Live for eternity....invest in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?