Building up our husbands...


There is a spirit of disrespect in our culture.

Children disrespect parents, we disrespect authorities and things that are to be held sacred. Disrespect is rampant and can be found right inside our homes if we look carefully. This is very dangerous for the Christian woman because we must be careful to show respect in all arenas---especially to those which we have been commanded. In Galations 5:33 we see that we are to respect our husbands. We have examples in the Bible of women who showed respect (Proverbs 31 woman, Sara) and those that did not (Michal, Jezebel).

We must know that:

How we respect our husbands is in direct correlation of how we worship God!
If we do not respect our husbands, we are not obeying God and worshiping Him with our lives. Worship is a life lived out to glorify Him, not just singing on Sunday morning! We must make our husband a priority---he comes first after God. Not our children, not our agendas, not our friends, not our ministry, not our parents, not our pursuits, not our homeschooling. We must prioritize our husbands!

We build up our husbands by loving them and we do that primarily through respecting him. Yes, we can make his meals, do his laundry, etc. but if we do this with a disrespectful heart and attitude---it is pointless! Have you ever served your husband a meal and then hurtfully attacked him verbally? This is what I am talking about. We must turn our hearts toward our husbands and respect him.

Scripture teaches that we blaspheme the Word of God when we don't love our husbands (Titus 2). In biblical times, blasphemers were subjected to stoning. Yes, stoning! We know that when we do not obey the Lord we are rebelling. 1 Samuel 15:23 proclaims 'Rebellion is the sin of witchcraft.'

Blasphemer---witchcraft? All these things when I don't love and respect my husband? This is serious...



What can we do? Here are three things:

1. Ask in prayer for God to clean your heart.

2. Renew your thoughtlife with scripture.

3. Say no to things that will hinder prioritizing your husband (putting others before him, too busy being out)

Lord, help us to love and respect our husbands and help to build them up to be the godly men God created them to be....
~From A Wise Woman Builds Her Home


This is something that I've gotten better at, but I always can do even better.  I try to remember it isn't about me.  My husband comes before me.  We are to put others first and who better to put before you than your husband.  He should also put others first, which would be me.  It goes both ways. But, even if he doesn't, it is my responsibility to be obedient to God and put him first in our family.  He told me last night that this surgery I'm going to have has him more concerned than any other.  He does seem like something is weighing on him.  I asked him if it was because of the circumstances and he said yes.  I need to do my best to be there for him during this time.  As my head, I'm sure he feels like he wishes he could fix this.  I don't talk about it much because I don't want to upset him, so I keep it inside.  But, really there isn't much to discuss.  It's in God's hands.  If the cancer spread, it spread.  If it didn't, it didn't.  Either way, praise God.  He holds every fiber of my being in His hands.  I do pray that this will be a good turning point in our life.  To not have constant pain and just blahness from this part of my body will be a good thing.  We are looking forward to this not hanging over us anymore and to enjoy life in less pain. It may even keep my Myasthenia Gravis from acting up as frequent, and that my friends, is a good thing. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?