The Man Pleaser...


Are you a pleaser of God or a pleaser of man?

This question is on my mind often. I think about the actions that guide me through the course of my day and if in the end was it pleasing to God---or not. Man looks on the outside but the Lord checks our hearts.

We constantly need to check our motives:
Do we buy clothes/vehicles/home/decorate with God in mind or to impress and keep up with our friends (even when we can't afford it)?

What about our families? Do we make choices for them based on pressures from other family members or well-intentioned friends, while suppressing that little voice in our heart, and knowing that is not what we would have really chosen to do?

What about when we are with friends? Are we afraid to say the truth sometimes? I know that there is a time to speak and a time to be silent---I am not talking about that. I am talking about sharing God's truth when He makes an opportunity available and not worrying what a person thinks about you.

And how about when we blog?
Are we afraid that if we put up that certain video, or share that particular article that people won't like us, stop following/subscribing to us?

Do we choose things in our life because "everyone else is doing it" and not asking God where He stands on the issue?


I don't think Asa, Josiah or Gideon of the Bible were thinking about those things. They lived boldly for the Lord. Smashing and tearing down altars erected to false gods and building a new one in its place for the Lord.

"Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and burn their Asherah poles in the fire; cut down the idols of their gods and wipe out their names from those places." Deuteronomy 12:3

They had a spirit of boldness and courage. They were not thwarted nor influenced by pleasing man. That is how I want to live. Smashing and tearing down altars. I am not here to tickle anyone's ears and I do not have the least inkling to do so.
I will share truth here--even if it is hard for you to listen.

~From A Wise Woman Builds Her Home (I agree with this post and wanted to share)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?