The pace of nature...

"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Ralph Waldo Emerson

This would be one of our family mottoes. Our family suffers when we are unable to slow down. The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind. So many things going on, some drama, running to and fro, etc. It seems like I haven't even talked to my husband in that amount of time. We finished up one project last night that was taking up most of our time, so things should start to slow down....hopefully.

I know this life is not about me. It's about Him. It can be so difficult to focus on Him when there are so many distractions swirling around. Sometimes I wish I had a reset button. :) I feel like I haven't been able to digest scripture properly. It seems I read so many different verses that I can't keep them straight, remember them, or even try to apply them. It's like being so hungry and waiting so long to eat that when you do finally eat you eat so fast and don't even really taste it. I want to savor the Word and take small bites and be able to digest it slowly. I know the Word is good, but I don't want to gorge myself on it...does that make sense? So I am going to start taking one scripture a day to really ponder and apply instead of the so many I have been doing. I hope that doesn't make me unwise.

On a side note, I wish some things were like they used to be. I know God has a purpose for everything and if some things cannot be, then He must have a good reason. But, I continue to pray that He will give me my heart's desire. :) But, if He doesn't, I will not be bitter and I do thank Him for what He has provided. At least there is still a presence there...that makes me smile. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?