Skirts...

Well, I'm back to wearing them. This time I am really happy about it. :) It was weighing on my heart for a while that I just didn't feel modest enough in my jeans. I talked with my husband about this because he is the one who really wanted me to wear jeans. He enjoyed "looking at my shape." I enjoyed him looking at my shape, too. I just didn't enjoy others looking at my shape. We talked it over and he realized that I was being a stumbling block to other men. He really didn't want that. Finding pants/jeans that are modest is very difficult to do. They are cut for a females shape. If you find looser ones, they usually look pretty silly. So we decided skirts will be just fine. They are feminine and pretty.

It was difficult when I wore skirts before because I was very plain jane. My husband didn't like that at all. I have found a few skirts that are modest, feminine, and cute and he likes them a lot. I believe modesty is a heart issue first and foremost. What we wear reflects that.

Below is a portion of an article I found that relates what we believe. It's by C.J. Mahaney.

In The Attitude of the Modest Woman, C.J. writes:

Any biblical discussion of modesty begins by addressing the heart, not the hemline. We must start with the attitude of the modest woman.

This emphasis on the heart is front and center in 1 Timothy 2:9. Note the phrase “with modesty and self-control.” All respectable apparel is the result of a godly heart, where modesty and self-control originate. Your wardrobe is a public statement of your personal and private motivation. And if you profess godliness, you should be concerned with cultivating these twin virtues, modesty and self-control.

Modesty means propriety. It means avoiding clothes and adornment that are extravagant or sexually enticing. Modesty is humility expressed in dress. It’s a desire to serve others, particularly men, by not promoting or provoking sensuality.

Comments

  1. This young lady has maturity beyond her young years. She is allowing God to move and work in her life in ways that I am amazed. She has the love and encouragement of her supportive husband who loves the Lord and has a willing and open spirit to God's leading also.
    God is so good. He has blessed me with a couple of daughters who have not allowed the world to dictate to them what is modest and what isn't. They set a wonderful example to the younger girls watching them. They both have friends/family who support them in their godly standards.
    A dad could not be more pleased.
    BoH
    Love Dad

    PS. Thanks Ryan and Jeff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stephanie~
    What a difference it makes when we respond from a real desire to be modest and self-controlled from the heart. What a blessing to have your husband's support and agreement. Loved the post from your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad is a really special guy. :) I'm glad to have my husband's support, too. I do feel blessed in a lot of things. I enjoyed your feelin feminine posts also. They were encouraging to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modisty is a matter of the heart...I love skirts too, and I'm thankful that I can wear them because I love the femininity, and I can still do almost anything (minus baling hay) in them:)

    It's funny that you posted this, because I've been thinking about doing a few posts on skirts soon...when I started wearing them and where to find them!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a blessing that Yahweh has led you back to skirts.
    No one said ya gotta look like a plain jane. Going Plain isn't for everyone. =)
    With the weather getting colder by you, you should invest in some polar fleece skirts. I seen a website that sells them. Or of course, you can make them for cheaper. =)

    In 1 Timothy 2 when it's talking about a woman's modest apparel, it in fact is speaking of a dress or a skirt. Not lying...check it out:

    http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2689&t=KJV

    Some ladies never knew that, but the proof is in the pudding. =)

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?