What a weekend!

Our friend invited us to spend Thanksgiving with her family.  So we loaded up the vehicle and her, her husband, Ryan, Hunter, and I and set off for Ohio.  We played road games like I spy and talked and had a good time on the way over.  We arrived about 7 hours later and were glad to get something to eat and sit down. :)

Her family was very kind to us and we felt very comfortable there.  It was great spending Thanksgiving with a lot of people.  The food was FANTASTIC!  We played cards, went to Wheeling to go to Cabela's, and just relaxed.  It was a great time for our family.  I loved seeing how their relationships worked.  They were all very close.  You could feel the love they had for each other.  It was great to be around. :)  I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. 

Now that we are home, we have a ton of stuff to do in the next two weeks.  We are leaving for our cruise on the 10th of December and I need to get this house in order, get packed, etc.  It's going to get here before we know it.

This Thanksgiving made me realize just how important family is.  Relationships with people need to be nurtured, grown, and held onto.  Being loved and knowing you are loved is so important.  I got to be a witness to such a thing this weekend.  My friend is truly blessed with the love of a father and mother, aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Some things we can take for granted when that love is not as evident in our own life.  I am thankful for the love of my husband and son and friends who are like family. :)  I wasn't meant to share in the same kind of blessing as my friend.  I don't have the same kind of love of a father and mother.  But, that's just what God saw fit for me to have and I need to be content with my lot and not compare it to others.  He has blessed me with being able to share as much love as I can to others.  Everyone needs to know they are loved. :)

Comments

  1. Glad you had a great thanksgiving...and A Cruise, how wonderful!
    Where will ya'll be going on your cruise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Martin. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?