There is a season...

Autumn colors, New Hampshire


I love this time of year. It is so pretty. The colors on the trees are phenomenal this year. The cold nights and mild days have made for beautiful foliage. Every time I see a tree like this, I feel like I'm in the very presence of the Lord and a calming peace washes over me. Now, I realize the Lord is always with us, but there is just something about the beauty of nature that really tunes me into Him. I like to slow down and enjoy it all. The smells of the house, the feel of the warm, soapy dishwater on my hands, the sounds of the birds and the crackle of the wood stove, and the taste of good down home cookin'. I don't think God wants us in a rush. To just be oblivious to His creation. We are worshiping Him when we acknowledge His handiwork.

I also like this season of my life. I have been feeling better (I still have my weak days), my husband and I celebrated 13 yrs of marriage yesterday, I have a wonderful son who I am learning more and more about, I have been blessed to have the love of a father and come to get a glimpse of what the love of the Father is like more tangibly through that, and the baking season is upon us. :)

There are some things I'd like to work on...having a meek and quiet spirit, having a sweetness in my heart towards daily life, to value each day, get my house in order (I'm good at maintaining), having more patience, and to listen more to His still, small voice. Oh how I love His still, small voice...

Blessings to you all this fine fall evening. There is a meteor shower tonight around midnight til 5 am. If you get a chance, take a look at what God can do! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?