Celebrating...

Weekend Getaway


Our anniversary is the 19th, but we are celebrating it tonight with friends who have their anniversary close to ours. We will be married 13 years. Over the last 6 years we have really grown in our marriage. We've had our good times and bad, sickness and health, richer or poorer...But, we've grown stronger through it all.

Happy Anniversary, Couple in Wedding Band


I met my husband when he was 16 and I was 18. We worked at the movie theater together and found out that we went to the same high school. I had prayed for a kind, gentleman that was unlike the other boys I had dated. They were too forward and after one thing. ;) The next day I met Ryan. I would always be cold at the theater and my hands would be like ice. He would take my hands in his and warm them up. *aw* He says he fell in love with my voice before he even saw my face. I had my back turned to him when coworkers introduced us and I was talking at the time. We married when he was 19 and I was 20. October 19, 1996. :)

We have such a deep connection with each other. That can be hard at times. Because when you don't have that connection due to work, sickness, life in general you really feel it. I love him so much. We have been through a lot together. Seen a lot of sorrow, experienced a lot of joy, blessed with a wonderful son, and grown in the Lord together.



Tonight will be extra special because we get to celebrate with good friends. One of which has become like a dad to us. Very special. So glad God has brought them into our lives.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend! Make the best of it. :)

Comments

  1. The night was a special one. It is so wonderful to be around young couples devoted to the Lord and to one another. God has blessed us richly. It brings great joy to one who has been married 39 years and 10 months to see couples committed to doing what pleases God through their marriage.
    Keep up the good "work" guys ;)
    BoH
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We are "working" everyday. Some days the "job" is a little easier than others. ;) One thing's for sure, we want to please the Lord because we love HIM. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?