Hunter's doctor's appt...


Our son, Hunter, went to church camp last week. On Friday he was in chapel and he told the leader he was lightheaded. He ended up blacking out and was very incoherent. He was shaky and weak with a heart rate of 52. They gave him juice and crackers and he perked back up. I am taking him to the doctor today to see if it was a blood sugar problem or his heart. (He has a MILD case of tricuspid valve regurgitation) I am thinking he may be hypoglycemic. I am and both his grandma's are. It just made me a little nervous. :) So hopefully we find some answers today. :) I will post an update when I have one. I appreciate any prayers.

*UPDATE* They tested him for diabetes today and it was negative. Woohoo! They said it wasn't his heart, but we should keep an eye on his blood pressure to make sure it isn't running too low. They diagnosed him with hypoglycemia. He has to have snacks available at all times now and should eat more protein. I can do that! :) Thank you for the prayers!

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a little frightening...I am praying for you and Hunter, that you are able to get some answers, and that he will be fine!

    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things turn out okay with your son. Mine, who is 8, is having testing and stuff done to figure out why he's a toe walker. We had x-rays and stuff done today. I have to call and schedule an MRI to be done as well....

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAHMinIL, I'm sorry you have to go through all that testing for your son. My husband works with a guy who does that. His parents never fixed the problem when he was a kid and now he has pain in his feet. Good for you for seeking answers. :)

    Jenna, thank you for the prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for hunter wait im hunter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?