Menu planning...


I wanted to give you a little taste of how I do menu planning. First sit down with your family and ask them what their favorite meals are. Now, get out some cookbooks and look at what sounds good. :) Write these down, also. Take both the family's favorite and the others and make a "master menu." Make a chicken category, beef (game) category, pork category, fish category, etc. You can also make a "winter and summer" section. I make a menu for one week at a time. I have deer, chicken, and fish as my proteins. I add sides and a fruit to these. So this week's menu looked like this...

Mon-Whole roast chicken with green beans and potatoes and peaches
Tues-Talapia with rice and mandarin oranges
Wed-Tacos
Thurs-Chicken thighs with mixed veggies and strawberries
Fri-Tater Tot Casserole with peaches (made with ground deer)
Sat-Deer Steak on the grill with corn on the cob and fruit salad
Sun-eat out after church

I cook 6 days a week. Sometimes I will figure in leftovers for one night if it's a busy week. We usually don't have any :). All of our supper meals are gluten free. In the winter there will be chili, stew, soups, etc for a couple nights. When my son is away at camp next week, we will have shrimp scampi one night. He doesn't like it so I take advantage of his absence. :) I hope this helps some of you some. :) It will help keep down the grocery bill, also. You will just be buying ingredients and what you need for that week. Happy planning!

Comments

  1. Tater tot casserole is always a big hit here, too!
    I was hoping to make tacos tonight, but my husband requested meatloaf instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?