Blessings and answered prayer...


Last Saturday my husband took me out to eat at an Italian restaurant in Bloomington, IL called Biaggi's.


It was wonderful. They have a gluten free menu there and the pasta is great. We did a little shopping there and then headed home. On the way home, he reached over and gave me a back massage. He did this the whole way home. Mind you it's about 45 min drive home!

I love the smell of cornfields in the summertime. There is just something about it. It reminds me of country living, porch sittin' with sweet tea, breezy summer nights, and simplicity. He drove home a way in which we went down most roads with cornfields. The smell was soooo good! The air was just right for it. There was a mist in the fields and it was just fantastic. Very thoughtful of him.

Then, after we arrived home, we got out of the truck and he took my hand and danced with me under the stars. I was so taken aback that I just melted. The embrace he gave me was like he never wanted to let me go. I could sense his desperation in wanting me to know how much he really loved me. There wasn't enough room between us for a breath. He was very tender.

I said all that to say this. Sometimes the road in marriage is full of potholes, dips, and loose gravel. Sometimes we get lost. We veer off the road without even realizing it. Before we know it, we are searching for our way back. I am finding my way back now. These lessons on biblical submission are very much for me as they are for anyone else. My marriage has struggled in the past. We both kinda veered off the road. I get back on, but he's still in the ditch. Or he gets back on and then I'm in the ditch. Right now we are both back on the road. I am doing the things that God created me to do and I am honoring my husband with words of affirmation, trust, love, and tenderness. In return, I have been blessed with a husband who has returned to the road and has brought back his funniness, wit, romance, and tenderness. I am truly blessed. Now, I must nurture that. We need to keep maintaining the road so there is no huge potholes in it that may veer us off again. Oh sure there will be small potholes, but so long as you fill them up quickly with forgiveness and humility, you won't veer off. :) God does answer prayers. Even prayers that have been prayed for years. He is faithful is fulfilling his will.

Comments

  1. wow....you live not that far from where I used to live....LaSalle/Peru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This business of being a submissive wife is something I am so willing to put into practice. My husband is soft spoken and reasonable and he has taught me more about being a noisy gong then anyone else in my life. I know that when I put God first and then my husband, there is a blessed harmony in the tenderness that springs from that. My marriage can be such a God touched cove in a noisy gonging world. But yet, I have a prayer also and I hope God will grant me this particular request ...today! Thanks for the post Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so neat to see God work. When we are in His will, how good it can be!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?