4th of July with friends...


It rained here the whole day on the 4th of July. We had a work day here on our little homestead with friends. We needed to get some wood split and stacked for winter. Our time is running out for drying and we haven't had a lot of time to get it done. Our friends came down to help despite the rain. It meant a lot to us, the dedication of our friends. That's a rare thing indeed. It gives a great sense of community. One of the things I admire about my Amish/Mennonite friends.

This is my husband in the rain. :)




This is our friends. :)


They realized that the rain suites were useless. So they got rid of them.






Then we did some fireworks later on. That was fun. Here's Hunter with a sparkler.


Our friends.



Me with a sparkler. It's pretty smokey, but there I am. lol

My husband and I looking at the pics of the fireworks I took.


It was a great day to spend with frineds even though it rained all day. It did stop long enough at night for us to do some fireworks. :) I was glad for that. But, I was more glad for the friends we have that traded dry and comfort for work and wetness. What a blessing.

Comments

  1. Are you wearing long sleeves?! It was cool enough?! No fair! I didn't even stick my nose out the door last night - it was so miserably hot! I watched the fireworks on TV. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I'm wearing long sleeves. It was cold! Well, not really cold, but pretty cool. It never made it to 70 degrees here. After a full week of 9000 degrees (I may have exaggerated) we get a cold and rainy 4th of July lol. It was fun though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?