Making strawberry jam...


Strawberry Jam

5 c crushed strawberries
1/4 c lemon juice
1 box pectin
7 c sugar

Mix crushed strawberries with lemon juice. Gradually add pectin. Heat on high heat until you have a full boil. Add full amount of sugar at once. Bring to a full boil and boil hard for one minute. Remove from heat and skim foam. Process in water bath canner for 10 min.

Boiling the water for the jars. (Seems like it takes forever! lol)


Doing the "constantly stirring" thing. :)

Ladling up the jam into the jars.


Jars in the canner.


The final product. :) Yes, I am aware of the "fruit float." This can be common. It always is with me. lol It just means my fruit was lighter than the jell. It will just need to be mixed together when opened. :) Mmmmmm!

Comments

  1. Don't you just love homemade jam?? Our area had a wet season, and I was only able to do 3 batches of strawberry jam. We'll be enjoying every last bit of that though! Love your website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will enjoy my jam, too. :) I'm hoping for some blackberry next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to help my grandma can when I was a kid, but I've never done it by myself. I always feel like I'm going to mess something up and poison myself. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good! ...Blackberry sounds DELICIOUS!! We need to do that:)

    Blessings,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, don't be afraid. Jam is one of the safest things to start with. :) I'm going to making chicken stock next week. It took me years to not be afraid of the pressure canner. lol

    Thanks, Jenna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did you get the strawberries, grow them or buy them. can i still your whats cooking picture

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grow strawberries, but this year was a loss for them. :( I got mine at Aldi's for .49 a quart. I froze them until I needed them. And sure, you can steal my "what's cooking" pic. I found it on the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?