My son...

is off to church camp this week. I'm a mom and I always worry just a tad. He loves it there though. He seems to be doing pretty good with his Asperger's. I think he did get a little homesick last night as he called at 10:30 pm and asked about his favorite chicken, Nutmeg. :0 lol.

He still has his quirks as I'm sure every 11 yr old boy has. ;) He has such a love for life. He really loves animals and has such a heart for them. We recently went to the zoo and he liked the petting zoo area the best. He was trying to follow a peacock so he could maybe get a feather if one fell off.


Sometimes with Asperger kids they will have a certain ritual. Mine has to have his scorpion necklace on while awake. lol. He got this while visiting California one year. (which was a great thing for him). It has become part of him. The cool thing about it is that he gets to practice social skills when people come up to him and ask him "what is that?" He gets to make small talk. Although, he is uncomfortable with talking to most people, he really likes to talk about his scorpion.
(You can't see his scorpion in this too well, but it's there :)

I know he is doing ok, but I miss him. He is such a bright spot in my life and such a good boy.

Comments

  1. Is that at Scovill zoo? Ben tries to pet that peacock everytime we go to the zoo..lol scares me to death to watch him running towards it yelling 'bird! bird!' Hunter sounds like he is doing great and I hope he has fun at camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya this is Scovill. We try and go every couple weeks. We just love the petting zoo part. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?