Where were you that September day...

Today marks 8 yrs since 9/11. I remember vividly where I was. I was a nurse at the time doing transcription for my neurologist. I was driving in to pick up some more to do at home when I heard on the radio what happened. I had bible study that morning so I went on to it and we all sat and watched in horror what was happening. We were all just so shocked. My husband was roofing and the customer came out and told them all the get down off the roof. She had them come in to see what was happening on tv. They were all dirty and gritty, but this lady didn't care.

This song helps us think back to that day. May we never forget...but may we move on...

Comments

  1. I was at home, going about my day...hubby was at work, then it was either him or my mom who told me to turn on the news and I did and was floored.
    My hubby was active duty Army at the time and the whole base went on lockdown for 24 hours, no one was to leave or enter and all the soldiers were commanded to guard gates, fences, etc till they were given the 'all clear', which was the next day.

    It's weird to think it's been 8 years already, but it has....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bakinghomesteader,
    My mom is Kathy @ Regan Family farm and my sister is Jenna @ Feminine Farmgirl so I've seen your blog around!
    I just wanted to introduce myself and say great post! I don't listen to country but that Alan Jackson song is about the only one I know!

    Blessings,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Josh! I enjoy reading your family's blogs also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on my way to a ladies bible study when i heard it on the radio, first we stayed at bible study until we could think and then those who did not have tv's. i will never forget because my husband was already away at school with the army and i was worried they would send him straight to war, he actually was home until november. i do not listen to much country music but this is one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again!Actually,since I am only 12,I was on my way to get a hair cut.The 11th is the day before my birthday!That is a nice song.Thanks for making this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...