Arthur...

Amish Buggies in a Row, Arthur, Illinois, USA


Went down to Amish country again today. I needed some supplies so I took my mom down. It's only 35 min away from us. I enjoy watching the woman work in the gardens in their dresses. I miss wearing skirts/dresses at times. I love the simplicity of it. My husband enjoys my jeans and thinks that's pretty simple. I will honor that. I didn't visit any of my Mennonite friends this time, I really didn't have time to stay.

The weather was just wonderful. The breeze was nice and the temperature was pleasant. Well I'd better put up my supplies. :) Hope you all have a great day!

Comments

  1. No idea why I am so fascinated with the Amish/Mennonites, but I am. I love that picture.

    Happy you had a nice day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a neat picture. I've always wanted to go to Amish country. We have a Amish furniture store in Houston and they have the most beautiful tables and chairs. One day I will buy one. Thanks for sharing!!!

    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We visited Amish country several years ago and loved it. I admire their dedication and hard work.
    I wear skirts all the time; can't imagine anything else.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    How did your visit go with your mennonite friend? I think you mentioned it several weeks ago; wondering how it would be since you wear pants now.

    ~Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the visit with Hunter's friend's mom went really well. She understood about how my husband felt and said that I should ALWAYS stay under his authority and do what pleases him. (So long as it's not sin of course) I am still modest in my dress and wear skirts occasionally, but not near as much as I used to since he prefers jeans (a bit of a country look so to speak) :) My other Mennonite friend was not so happy. He was disappointed. She said she'd pray for me that my husband would have a change of heart. So, that's about the gist of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When money wasn't so tight, Jenna and I had annual overnight's in Amish country...we loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...