It's the simple things...

Relaxing Setting of Bushel of Apples on Table Along Fireplace


It's the simple pleasures in life that mean so much. Enjoying a fire, listening to the leaves rustle, enjoying the sunshine, the smell of laundry dried on the line, collecting your own eggs, the beauty of fall, the smell of apple pie, the smell of oak burning in the woodstove, cuddling under a blanket with the one you love during a cool evening...

All these things I love. I love my life being simple and not hurried. I watch people hurry and scurry and rush by and wonder if they enjoy that. Have they lost something in that hustle and bustle? They are missing a wonderful piece of life. I'm sure some thrive on that, but I think most if given a choice, would rather slow down and enjoy the simplicity of life. I don't like fancy things or an elaborate home. I like simple things and a simple, cozy, homestead home. I praise God He put that in my heart as a very young girl. I've ALWAYS wanted a simple, slow life. :) Enjoying the beauty and smells of the country and a cozy, content home filled with the smell of baked goods and the warmth of love...


Woman Relaxing Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

  1. I'm more of a simple girl, too. Being in a hurry all the time makes you miss the really important stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple things... thats why I moved to the country! Simple is better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that a picture of you. I would love the first picture to hang on a wall, it looks so relaxing. I love being home and being with home and getting things done

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that's not a pic of me. lol. Just a random picture of someone relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes I agree - gotta run - really busy, lol ! I am afraid I have too much going on lately but as summer wanes I DO slow down nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like the slow country life! I love our cabin in the woods with our animals.

    Lisa Q

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...