Meal planning...

I found this cookbook the other day.




It's mostly about once-a-month cooking, but I thought I'd try some of the recipes and see if I could do once-a-week cooking instead. Cooking one day a month the whole day would kill me. I cooked one of the recipes today and actually put up two other recipes from the book and put them in the freezer. I LIKE that. :) It will be nice to do this and then the days when I am extremely weak and tired, I can just pull something out that is already done for the most part. Just have to pop it into the oven. I really like this idea. I know it's been around a while, but I just never got into it. It just intimidated me to cook one day for the whole month. But doing it for a week and not a month seems to work out pretty well for me. The recipes in this particular book are "normal". They are not all fancy. I can't stand that in cookbooks. Just give me some good ole fashioned cooking. Just good food that has ingredients that I use anyway. This one seems to do that so far. The recipes I've tried so far have been tasty.

So do any of you do OAMC or OAWC? Do you enjoy it? Any tips? :)

Comments

  1. Great idea... I dont do it but really need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing to do is cook up chickens in a large kettle with vegies and seasonings to make a good broth at the same time. Then the next day after cooling and defatting, I debone and freeze packets of meat and strain the broth to freeze in 2 cup containers. This is wonderful in SO many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do full recipes, but I do like to cook up a bunch of meats that I know I will be using. I like having it half done....that way when my husband gets home, I can whip up dinner in half the time, but it's still fresh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never done this, but my aunt has mentioned several of us getting together and doing this. I have been thinking about it a lot here lately, since going back to school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...