It's a new day!


I just want to say how much I love my husband. :)  This past weekend he really helped me get through a rough time with coming to terms with my disease...Myasthenia Gravis.  You see, in the past, I would pretend not to have this disease and do as I pleased. I would do whatever I wanted and would push myself hard. Only in the evenings would I then be weak and tired. But that is not the case anymore...

I am weak and tired as soon as I wake up in the morning.  There is no trying to pretend I don't have this disease...even though I've had it for 14 yrs now. There is also no denying it's progression.

My husband told me not to pretend I don't have this disease anymore, but rather REMEMBER I have it and in so doing be a better steward my strength and time.  It's part of who I am. 

I have started my sm dose chemo and so far have just had stomach pain, no nausea and a bit of heart issues with it, too. Nothing to worry about yet. Praying I will be able to stay on this medicine and get some benefit from it in a few months. I increase the dosage on Wednesday for a week and increase again in a week.

My husband helped me realize that my bad attitude was coming from not dealing with this disease properly and deep down I was bitter about it and it was coming out in different ways.  Not good ways. So now that I have dealt with it properly, my attitude is so much better. :)  I have Myasthenia Gravis. That's just the way it is and yes I must change some of the things I do now, but that's ok. It's a new normal. I am content. God has reminded me of His love, His provision, His help, and His mercy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?