Affliction is not by chance...

God takes the most eminent and choicest of His servants for the choicest and most eminent afflictions. They who have received most grace from God are able to bear most afflictions from God. Affliction does not hit the saint by chance, but by direction. God does not draw His bow at a venture. Every one of His arrows goes upon a special errand and touches no breast but his against whom it is sent. It is not only the grace, but the glory of a believer when we can stand and take affliction quietly. --Joseph Caryl

I love this quote. It reminds me that no affliction happens by chance. It is God's direction and for a purpose.


I want to thank you all for your prayers as of late. Dad, I know you have been praying for me even though I was not able to hear any of the words. They were felt. Thank you. I hope you are well. I want you to know that God surely did a work on me while I was in the hospital. Spiritually there was a heart change and I am now filled with so much peace and joy that I feel I can take on any affliction He directs. :) He spoke to me about this disease. He said to take my focus off of it and just live my life for Him in my weakness and live and love with all I have despite my difficulties. They will be there, but so will He. 

I am resting again today waiting for some of the lingering effects of the aseptic meningitis to wear off. Hoping soon to get back at life as usual only now with more joy and sweetness. :) Our God is so good, so good. We are so blessed to serve Him. :) I hope you all have a great day and remember to share a smile with someone today. It goes a long way. :)

Comments

  1. (Psalm 19:34- Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.)

    I pray that GOD is giving you strength through this time.

    I like what you wrote yesterday about GOD giving you the strength to do the dishes and only the dishes for the day. It's true and it reminds me to be content with what HE does give me for the day and not to want more. (easier said that done though ;- )

    Thank you for the reminder ;- )

    Amanda
    Matthew 6:33

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...