Early mornings...

I get up most days between 5 and 6.  It's dark, it's quiet and it gives me time to plan my day, spend time with the Lord, and just plain wake up lol.  

Today is rainy and dreary. It seems weird, but it's peaceful to me. The warmth of the woodstove makes the weather so much more bearable. :)
Yesterday was a much better day for me. I was able to do more, was in much less pain, and even had some energy. :) It's amazing what a difference a day makes with this disease. It changes day to day and even more so in someone like me whose illness is considered brittle. I appreciate my good days so much more. :)

I am making gumbo for supper tonight. :) Seems like a good day to do so with the weather being the way it is. I love cozy meals. 

I have so many things to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and our son very much and has a heart for God, a warm home in the country, a sweet little dog to brighten my day, and great friends and family. Tomorrow I will be talking about giving thanks for suffering.  It may be a little different perspective than you have heard before. Come back and check it out. :)

Hope you all have a very blessed day. :)

Comments

  1. We finally have a brilliant sunny morning. I have never made gumbo but sure would like to. I am happy to know that you are having a better day, God bless your heart Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it...good Cajun food. :)
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Getting things done...