Coconut and Chicken Curry Soup...and other things


The picture is not the greatest, but it was delicious!  It is naturally gluten free and tastes even better the next day...give it a try. :)

  • 3 whole Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Bite Sized Chunks (I used chicken tenders cut up)
  • ½ whole Large Onion Chopped Fine
  • 1 Tablespoon Grated Fresh Ginger
  • 1-½ cup Chicken Broth
  • 1 can (14 Oz. Can) Unsweetened Coconut Milk, Full Fat
  • 2 teaspoons Curry Powder (you could use more, it needed a least another tsp)
  • 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Minced (I omitted this)
  • 1 whole Small Green Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin (use whatever bell pepper you have, I used yellow)
  • ½ cups Chopped Fresh Cilantro Plus Extra For Garnish
  • 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (I only used one)
  • Salt And Pepper
  • Cooked rice
Brown your chicken after seasoning it with salt and pepper and remove from pan.  Add in your onion and saute.  Return chicken to pan and add ginger.  Stir around a bit.  Then add in the chicken stock, coconut milk, curry, and jalapeno if you are using it.  Let come to simmer and then add in the bell pepper and cilantro.  Simmer for around 10 min stirring every so often and then add in the lime juice.  To serve, spoon rice into a bowl and pour some of this over it. :)  You can top it with cilantro or some shredded coconut. Yum!

I peeked ahead at the weather for next week because I really need to clean out our chicken coop...and can you believe it said it is supposed to be in the 40's and 50's!  I got a little giddy inside!  AND it looked like it is supposed to be SUNNY. :)  Now, I know this is central Illinois, so the weather changes more than someone's mind, but I can hope it will really happen. :)

Making yogurt today and doing some cleaning.  Praising God for feeling pretty good so far this week.  I was able to retry the last inhaler I tried and it seems that I was allergic to the other two and it made it seem I was allergic to this one, too.  So being able to breathe is a wonderful thing. :)  I also started an herb for my Myasthenia Gravis that is almost exactly like the Mestinon I took, but is natural.  So far so good. ;)  So as of now, the only conventional medicine I take is my inhaler.  Everything else is natural. :)  I like that.

Hope you all have a great day today and may God bless you...

Comments

  1. oh my goodness, I will surprise my husband with this. I think it will remind him of the plate lunch he liked so well at that little Thai restaurant we were visiting in Hilo. Thanks for the recipe, I've never tried anything using coconut milk. I am glad it is warming up and will be sunny in your area! Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?