A mother's hand...


 In the above portrait, there are three generations--a grandmother, mother and child.


I wanted to share some lovely quotes on the influence we have as mother's to remind ourselves as we begin our week: 

A Mother's Hand

There is more power in a mother's hand than in a king's scepter.

--Billy Sunday

A Mother's Song

What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way down to the coffin.

-Henry Ward Beecher

A Mother's Knee

Education commences at the mother's knee, 
and every word spoken within hearsay of little children
tends toward the formation of character. 

-Hosea Ballou

The job at hand is enormous, but we must seek God as our guide through every mountain top
and every valley as we raise our children.

"Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest
if we do not give up."
                                                                        Galatians 6:9
    ~From A Wise Woman Builds Her Home~

A mother has such a strong influence on her children...whether good or bad.   I often ask myself how I am doing with what God has entrusted me with.  Am I raising him up to become a fine young man in the Lord? Or do the "distractions" in my life cause me to lose focus on what my mission is, and that is to raise our son in the Lord, to invest my time and love into him, and to love, respect, and encourage my husband to be who He created him to be.  I'm just not sure of the answer...

Comments

  1. I really liked this-mothers are SO important, but society just doesn't understand why or appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Enter the facebook giveaway here!

Do you make agreements with satan?